Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gossip Girl Is Back!

Absence indeed makes the heart grow fonder because over the summer I learned to say proudly, " I looooooove Gossip Girl," upgrading it from a guilty pleasure of a show to a sorely missed, omg!-I-might-be-addicted show. But the higher the expectation, the harder the fall. Thank goodness Josh Schwartz has successfully steered his beautiful bevy of upper-east-siders into season 2.

If you have read this post thus far, then chances are there is no need for a season 1 refresher or even a season 2 synopsis, so I will get to the point. The characters of Blair and Chuck are greatness this season. Let me be even more specific: whoever is writing Blair Waldorf's lines, rocks. Why? Warm up the DVR, because without it, you might miss gems like "'perfect post-Bass palate cleanser', 'listen Bass-hole', and 'oh that mother-Chucker'" in her rapid-fire dialogue. I have no idea how long the writers can keep the two characters on the amorous-venomous bantering edge, but one thing's for sure: I'll tune in Monday to find out.

XOXO

No comments: